- Description: After taking an original photograph, demonstrate basic Photoshop skills and create a poster.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): After picking my color scheme, I went out and took pictures at sunrise. I had taken several pictures before I found one that I liked. After changing the contrast of the picture slightly and sharpening up a few things here and there, this picture turned out much better than I could have ever hoped. I had my picture, but now I needed to make the design. I sketched a few designs before deciding this layout was best. One quick search on Pinterest gave me the inspiration to create my own quote for the final touch.
- Message: People think they need to change themselves in some way to be beautiful. Some people think they need to have straight, pearly white teeth or golden blonde hair or tan, flawless skin, but that is not the case. Every flower in the world is beautiful by humbly existing through God’s power. That is how everyone should view others. It is not only the exterior that is beautiful, but the interior and the divine nature of a soul that accentuates outer beauty.
- Audience: I pictured my audience to be girls between the ages of 12-18 that needed an extra lift of their spirits.
- Top Thing Learned: Lighting is everything for a picture. That is the difference between a professional looking picture and a picture that could use some work. I had to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to take this picture and I do not regret it even a little.
- Color scheme and color names: Tetradic- red, yellow, green and purple.
- Title Font Name & Category: Birds of Paradise Regular – script
- Copy Font Name & Category: Corbel Regular – sans serif
- Thumbnail of original, unedited image inserted
10. Date and location you took the photo(s): October 15, 2015 on the grounds of the Rexburg temple.